Outdoor Winter Fun at Capital Springs POSTPONED
Due to uncertain lake ice conditions, muddy trails and forecasted rain, Winter Fun Day is postponed to a February date to be determined very soon. Stay tuned!
Please visit our Events page for more details or contact our Naturalist at Carlson.email@example.com.
The Friends of Capital Springs Recreation Area supports the Capital Springs Recreation Area, a 2,300-acre centennial park located on the urban edge of the City of Madison. Our mission is to assist Dane County, DNR and other partners in the implementation of the Capital Springs Master Plan and to connect visitors to the Park’s natural resources through educational, recreational, archeological and scientific opportunities. We organize educational and recreational events throughout the year. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join our newsletter mailing list.
Capital Springs Recreation Area, just south of Madison, Wisconsin, stretches from Fish Hatchery Road to Lake Waubesa, encompassing the Capital City State Trail, Lake Farm County Park and Campground, Lewis Nine Springs E-Way, Nine Springs Creek and the Lussier Family Heritage Center.
• National Trails Day at Capital Springs: June 4, 11am – 2pm
• Nature Walk – Late Summer Birds and Plants: Saturday, August 13, 9am – 11am; Lewis Nine Springs E-Way, 1947 Moorland Rd; open to public, free event – Walk Flyer
• Sun Observation: Safely View the Sun’s Surface – Free Event, July 23 (rain date: July 24), August 27 (rain date August 28), September 17 (rain date: September 18), 10am – noon, Lussier Family Heritage Center – Sun Observation Flyer
• Dane County Healthy Parks Tours – Jenni & Kyle Unit: August 20, 10 am – Tour Flyer
• Dane County Healthy Parks Tours – Capital Springs Centennial Park Unit: August 20, noon – 2 pm – Tour Flyer
• Dane County Healthy Parks Tour Celebration: September 7, 5:30 – 7:30 – Program begins at 6:00 pm
• Capital Springs Magic Bus Tour: September 10, 8:30 – 11:30 am
• Harvest Moon Festival: October 7, 2016
• Winter Fun Day – Ski, Snowshoe, Fish at Capital Springs: POSTPONED UNTIL FEBRUARY 2017
• CSRA Volunteer Work Days: contact Dan Kerkman for details
Support the Friends of Capital Springs Today: Your donation of any amount helps us with general operating costs and in support of our annual Harvest Moon Festival. Use PayPal the Paypal button below for a secure donation.
Friends of Capital Springs
3101 Lake Farm Road
Madison, WI 53711