Enjoy the Capital City State Trail, Lake Farm County Park and Campground, Lewis Nine Springs E-Way, MMSD Wildlife Observation Area, Jenni and Kyle Preserve, Centennial Park, Nevin Springs, and the Lussier Family Heritage Center.
The Friends assist Dane County, the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, and other key partners in the implementation of the Capital Springs Master Plan. We connect visitors to the Park’s diverse natural resources through educational, recreational, archeological, and scientific opportunities. To learn about our events throughout the year, please join our mailing list (contact firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit our web site for upcoming opportunities.
Support the Friends of Capital Springs Today
Your donation of any amount helps us with general operating costs and in support of our annual Harvest Moon Festival. For your convenience, use the PayPal button below for a secure donation. Thank you!
Friends of Capital Springs
3101 Lake Farm Road
Madison, WI 53711
• MARCH 19 – World Water Day Event: Nine Springs Golf Course, 2201 Traceway Dr, Madison, WI 53713, 1 – 4 pm. This year’s theme is “wastewater”. Enjoy a Nine Springs Effluent Pale Ale tasting and an effluent irrigation pilot tour (on the golf course)! Event partners include Friends of Capital Springs, Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District, and City of Fitchburg.
• MARCH 25 – Dog Park Cleanup at all Dane County dog parks, including the Capital Springs Recreation Area Dog Park on Lake Farm Road, Madison. Bring gloves, 5-gallon pail, trowel/scooper tool. Contact Rhea at email@example.com or 608-224-3601 for details.
• Stewardship Volunteer Work Days at Capital Springs Recreation Area: prairie plantings and woodland restoration, contact Dan Kerkman at Kerkmandc@att.net or Clare Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
• MAY 5 – Evening Bird Field Trip with Madison Audubon Society at Lewis Nine Springs E-way and MMSD Wildlife Observation Area in Capital Springs Recreation Area. Time: 6:30 – 8:30 pm on Friday, May 5. Location: 1947 Mooreland Road. Join the Friends and Madison Audubon Society for an evening in the Lewis Nine Springs E-way and MMSD Wildlife Area. We’ll start out at the E-way parking lot and walk to various areas around the MMSD Wildlife Area lagoons. Exposed mudflats provide habitat for shorebirds, waterfowl, swallows, terns and more. Please bring a scope if you have one! Trip leaders: Peter Fissel and Dan Doeppers
• JUNE 3 – Trails Day Event off of the Capital City Bike Trail at the Lussier Family Heritage Center: bird and nature tours, biking water station and more!
• SEPTEMBER – Lower Yahara River Trail celebration with Dane County Parks: music and food at Lake Farm County Park in Capital Springs Recreation Area.
• OCTOBER 13 – Harvest Moon Festival at Lussier Family Heritage Center in the Capital Springs Recreation Area: outdoor/indoor educational stations, critters, music, food and silent auction.