The Friends of Capital Springs Recreation Area supports the Capital Springs Recreation Area, a 2,300-acre centennial park located on the urban edge of the City of Madison. Our mission is to assist Dane County, DNR and other partners in the implementation of the Capital Springs Master Plan and to connect visitors to the Park’s natural resources through educational, recreational, archeological and scientific opportunities. We organize educational and recreational events throughout the year – please contact email@example.com to join our newsletter mailing list.
Capital Springs Recreation Area, just south of Madison, Wisconsin, stretches from Fish Hatchery Road to Lake Waubesa, encompassing the Capital City State Trail, Lake Farm County Park and Campground, Lewis Nine Springs E-Way, Nine Springs Creek and the Lussier Family Heritage Center.
• National Trails Day at Capital Springs: June 4, 11am – 2pm
• Dane County Healthy Parks Tours – Jenni & Kyle Unit: August 20, 10 am & noon
• Dane County Healthy Parks Tours – Capital Springs Centennial Park Unit: August 20, noon
• Dane County Healthy Parks Tour Event for the Friends of Dane County Parks Endowment: September 7
◊ Keynote Speaker: Dr. Zorba Paster at Lussier Family Heritage Center
• Capital Springs Magic Bus Tour: September 10, 8:30 – 11:30 am
• Harvest Moon Festival: October 7, 2016
• Winter Fun Day: February 5, 2017, 11 am – 2 pm
• CSRA Volunteer Work Days: contact Dan Kerkman for details
Support the Friends of Capital Springs Today: Your donation of any amount helps us with general operating costs and in support of our annual Harvest Moon Festival. Use PayPal the Paypal button below for a secure donation.
Friends of Capital Springs
3101 Lake Farm Road
Madison, WI 53711